White Wash

Saturday, March 2, 2013

The weeks are flying by ...

Shoo-weee! It's been a minute. Let's do a quick catch up. The weekend after Valentine's Day, we hung out with Rob, Jenny and Catherine (Rob's sister). Catherine flew in from NC to hang out with Rob and Jenny (she had forgotten that Adam and I lived here now) but someone had forgotten to make her hotel reservations ;) so she ended up staying with us, and I'm super glad she did. I wouldn't have had it any other way! It was fun just hanging out with them ... we didn't do anything super special. If I remember correctly, Adam, Rob and Catherine went to the shooting range while I studied with Lindsay, but it was overall just a relaxing weekend.

That next week was crazy busy with like a bazillion tests, but thankfully I made it through alive! And that following weekend was David and Natalie's wedding. It was SO much fun getting ready with Natalie for her big day ... having our hair done, getting fake lashes put on, doing our makeup. She reminded me of myself on the day of my wedding. So happy and excited to be marrying the man of her dreams, anxious to see all of her plans coming together, and nervous because, well, it's her wedding day! Everything was perfect, Natalie looked incredibly beautiful, and I was so glad to see David for the first time in what seems like forever. I've missed those guys. :) I had every intention of taking a few pictures of Adam and me with the two of them, but by the time I remembered at the reception, I had already been dancing like a fool and my hair didn't look as pretty anymore. :( It was such a fun weekend though!!

This weekend I believe we're hanging out with Rob and Jenny again. This is their last weekend in town for the training before they head back to Seattle. It's been nice seeing them every few weeks. That's never happened before. Maybe, in our future, we can all settle down in places that are relatively close to each other. Of all our good friends, they're definitely the ones we see the least often. :(

We're also hanging out with Lindsay and her boyfriend John this weekend! He's in town, and although I believe I met him at our white coat ceremony, I've never really had the chance to talk with him or get to know him. So I'm excited for us to hang out with them this weekend too.

OH! How could I have forgotten about this?! So, this past week in school we operated on a live pig under anesthesia. Before I continue, I'd like to say that everything we did (and will do) in lab was (and will be) completely ethical, and I will forever be thankful for these pigs (and the cadavers from last semester, for donating their bodies to science for my education). These opportunities are invaluable and they will not be taken for granted. Anyway, I first assisted in removing one of the kidneys, and then we opened up the chest cavity and I held a beating heart. It was absolutely amazing. Next week we'll be removing the gallbladder. I can't wait!!

I guess that's about all for now. I'll leave you with some things that I'm looking forward to:
1. pig lab!
2. my new, super cute scrub caps coming in the mail!
3. going home for spring break!
4. spring break!
5. Grey's Anatomy coming back on at some point
6. The fact that we're basically at midpoint in the semester ... it's absolutely flying by ...

Ta-ta for now!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't think I'm weird that I follow your blog. I am a scrub tech and have though about PA school many times but always decide against it. Anyway, I love reading about how excited you are to be a PA. But if you look on my Facebook page for sleepy heads this lady makes and sells some really cool scrub hats!! And she takes requests if you want something particular. Her prices are very reasonable, especially if you buy more than one. So look her up. Her name is unde sleepy heads.
    Good luck in school.

    ReplyDelete