White Wash

Monday, July 8, 2013

The Rainforest

Man, I can't even remember everything that's happened since my last blog post. I'm pretty sure two weekends ago was pretty low key. I think we really just hung around the apartment, washed some cars...stuff like that.

But! On Wednesday, we went home to Athens for the 4th of July. Adam and I got to spend a lot of time with both of our families which was so refreshing. On Saturday we went over to Bryan and Whitney's new pad in the Buford Historic District for a house-warming/spend-the-night party (we left the pups at my parents' house for the week -- we're going back to Georgia this coming weekend but I already miss my girls!). Ok...so hands down, this is THE perfect house for Bryan and Whitney. They have a long, hilly, windy driveway that's beautifully landscaped with flower beds scattered all along it and there's a pretty big pond in their front yard too. When I say pond, I don't mean a little rock-garden with a fountain kind of thing ... I mean like a tiny lake. And there's a cute little deck off the driveway overlooking the pond. Off the house there's an upstairs and downstairs deck as well as a side deck with a nice hot tub. And to add to that, they literally have a forest of wild magnolia trees right off the deck and hot tub. I felt like I was in the rainforest, so that's what I've decided to dub their new place. The Rainforest. I was very impressed with it and instantly fell in love! And the cherry on top? It's only a few minutes walking distance to downtown Buford. Too. Much.
The house was adorable, too. Definitely not a cookie-cutter kind of thing. It was unique and had a cozy-cottage feel to it. :) This was the first time I'd seen Whitney since she really started showing in her pregnancy. She had this perfectly round little baby belly that she pulls off VERY well. And yes, I did get to feel the baby kick! So exciting. :) We had a great time visiting our tight little group of friends in Bryan and Whitney's new home and we look forward to making many wonderful memories there throughout the years to come!


*Snap snap* --back to reality -- ::sigh::

So this morning I started my summer OR rotation! I know there'll be much to report on in the next 19 days... can't wait for more!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment