White Wash

Friday, August 9, 2013

As if no trouble at all, year one is done!

Ha!! Yeah right! That was hands down the most miserably stressful (yet oddly wonderful and rewarding) thing that I've ever done in my entire life. We just finished our third semester, which completes our first year of PA school. Now we're all currently on break. I went to a celebration gathering with a few peers after our last final and it was pretty funny to look around and see everyone. It was easy to tell that we were all exhausted and numb with a side of relief, a sprinkle of happiness, and a dash of pride. Here's a picture of most everyone that showed up.
Reflecting back over this past year, I'm absolutely positively amazed at everything that we as a class have been through. I can see now that it made us all stronger as individuals and as a unit. We all relied on each other pretty heavily at times. I think it's pretty safe for me to say that I would never EVER want to do that again. Sorry newbies. Y'all just need to hang on for dear life and work hard. Unfortunately it's gonna suck really badly for a while.

So I have one more didactic semester left and then I start clinicals. I can't even believe it. Surely it's by the grace of God that I've gotten this far already. Time has absolutely flown by. We don't have as much "fun" stuff this coming semester, but the topics we're studying are very intriguing for me so I'm excited about it. Plus it's the last semester! I can do it. We can do it.

Annnyywaaayyy... I'm on break! Woop woop! I haven't done much of anything exciting yet other than deep clean our apartment and start a few DIY projects. I'll do a separate post on those later when they're finished. I've decided to head home tomorrow to catch up with a few old friends that I haven't seen in a while. So if you're reading this and you're in Athens, hit me up! :) I'll be there Saturday through Wednesday! I'm looking forward to it, although I'm sad to leave Adam here in Birmingham by himself. :( He reassures me that he will be fine. ::sigh::

I guess that's about it for now! I'll be back at'cha in a few days with more updates. Lots of fun and exciting things going on this break!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment