White Wash

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thanksgiving and Adam's Birthday

I know, I know. I didn't finish my 30 day countdown. But I have a valid excuse. I was with family that I don't get to see everyday and, therefore, didn't open my computer much to blog. My apologies. But to sum up those last three days, I am very thankful to have spent an entire week back in Georgia at home with my family, visiting with friends, and helping both mine and Adam's parents put up their trees. Marley and Lucy loved it, too.
Blurry, but Lucy is a little dancing dog.

So let's see. As I mentioned in my 30 days of thanks, my parents came to our apartment the weekend before Thanksgiving. Their visit had two purposes. 1) to help me decorate our little apartment for Christmas and 2) to take me back home to Georgia with them. I'm so glad my mom was here to help decorate because everything looks SO MUCH cuter than it did last year. I need an experienced veteran's eye for this sort of thing apparently.

Anyway, over Thanksgiving break I studied and did a lot of crafting for a couple of different things. My nieces and oldest nephew and I made glitter Christmas ornaments. I made one for myself and one for my sweet friend Katie. My PA school girlfriends and I did a secret santa gift exchange (don't worry, we've already exchanged. No secrets being prematurely revealed here) and that was one of the gifts I gave her.
Can you guess which one is mine?
Yep, Katie's a Clemson girl.

Lindsay had my name and she gave me these two things:
I think these both sum our friendship up perfectly. We both LOVE Christmas, and we both love drinking wine together. :) I had been on the lookout for a new special wine glass, so she got me one! Love it. 

Anyway, back to Thanksgiving break. The other craft I was working on was a ten day countdown for Adam's 30th birthday, which was yesterday!
Before and after they were sealed. He got a clue each morning as to what he would get for that day. 

So yesterday he came home for lunch and I gave him his real birthday present. After that, things started getting much more exciting. His mom ordered a bouquet of balloons for him so I picked them up and took them to Adam's work.

While I was there, I took the opportunity to decorate his truck. :)

Rickie had decided a few weeks ago that he really wanted to surprise Adam for his 30th, so after Adam came home from work, Rickie jumped out of the spare bedroom! They decided to head out together to pick up Chinese-to-go and then I got this picture in a text:

So we had Hooters for dinner. Oh, and we topped off the night by watching the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. I think Adam enjoyed his 30th birthday. :)

You know I can't write a post without at least mentioning school a couple of times. So we're FINALLY in finals week. I have two left, one tomorrow and one Friday. And then I'm finished with didactic forever. I cannot even believe it. Not even a little bit. I remember how I felt this time last year as I was finishing up my first semester of PA school. Being at this point seemed entirely too far away back then. Ugh, that makes me cringe. I count my blessings every night and am SO thankful that I'll never have to do that over again. Ever.

Two. More. Days. Oh, and only 368 days until graduation!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment