White Wash

Sunday, October 7, 2012

White Coat Ceremony

So, we had our White Coat Ceremony this past weekend, and it was absolutely fabulous! I loved everything about it. It was the first White Coat Ceremony UAB had ever had and the faculty and second years did an amazing job planning it. Everything was a hit! I especially loved having Adam there with me to meet everyone! Here are a few pics ...

This is my second year buddy, Kelly, coating me
Casey, Katie, and me
Me with my hub-a-lub!
And then after the ceremony there was a "ball" which was really a super fun dance party!
It was a perfect night! 


So then on Saturday, we went to FedEx to pick up my new phone, ran a few other errands and then went to Verizon to activate the phone. Let me remind you of something that I should have reminded myself of. The people are Verizon are Verizon "experts," not Apple experts so just because they tell you something with certainty regarding the iPhone does not guarantee that it's actually true. As a result, I lost every photo I've taken with my phone over the last two years. I didn't back them up on my old laptop because I didn't have enough space, and I thought they were saved automatically up in Heaven in icloud (which is also what the Verizon person told me), but that's not the case. So, they're all gone. And I'm devastated.  I had wedding pictures on there, honeymoon pics, pictures of Adam and Marley and Lucy ... just pictures of life over the last two years. I had uploaded a lot of them to facebook and instagram, but the others are forever lost. :( :( :( I also lost some data on some of my apps. I was very disappointed and if I had known getting a new phone would mean losing all of this info, I'm not sure I would have done it. But, it's said and done now, and I can only move forward taking new photos of EVERYTHING and saving them in a million places. Let my mistake be a lesson to all of you iPhonies!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment