White Wash

Friday, September 28, 2012

I don't know how this keeps happening...

I'm not sure how this keeps happening, but the weeks are just flashing by, and somehow -- it can only be by the grace of God -- I'm still hanging in there.

I keep trying to pin down what's so "hard" about school and I feel like its mostly emotion/stress and finding time to study everything enough times to feel comfortable with it. Nothing can be perfected because if you've learned something that well, you haven't spent enough time learning something else well enough. I've heard this 10,000 times but you really do have to find a balance. And you really have to study all the time. And you still can't study enough. Ugh, it's a viscous cycle.

I seem to be doing okay in school. Pathology is HARD. It's probably my least favorite class. Anatomy is also definitely very hard, but I enjoy it because I have pictures/diagrams and bodies to look at which help me map things out a little better. Pathology is just such a huge conglomeration of information. It's hard to learn it all and keep it all separate. Of all my classes, this is definitely my lowest grade. :(

The good news is, I have an amazing support system between my friends in the program and my family and friends outside the program. I know I couldn't make it through without all of them. They're the best!!

I realize I just said this in the last post, but it's really important for me to live it, breathe it and believe it. I can only take this program one day at a time. There's no point in me stressing out about what I have to do this time next week. I need only to do my best for today and eventually I'll get to next week. The other thing is God wouldn't give me more than I can handle. I'm here for a reason and this is God's perfect plan for me. No one said it would be easy. In fact everyone said it would be extremely difficult. And they weren't kidding. I don't think you can prepare yourself for how difficult it actually is. But I feel like I'm doing my best and I'm just going to keep moving forward. I mean ... what else can you do? At the end of all of this madness, I'm going to have an education and specific set of skills that will lead to an amazingly successful future career. No one can take that away from me!

That's all for now, friends. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment