White Wash

Sunday, December 16, 2012

First Semester -- Check!

Well, the semester is over. My first semester of PA school. I can't even begin to describe the emotions I experienced over the past 4.5 months. I don't ever want to live through that again. It was terribly painful and stressful. I know I still have 6 semesters to go ... but there's just something about moving to a new city, making a new group of friends, starting a full-time program all over again after years of NOT being in a full time program, finding your way around campus ... it's just a big, huge adjustment. But don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE the program where I am and I have the most phenomenal classmates in the world. I still love it and want to be a PA - no doubt in my mind. I'm hoping and expecting next semester to be different. Still stressful but in a different way. I just know this is all part of the process and it's something I have to push through.

So, I haven't posted since Thanksgiving. Let's do a quick recap ...

1. Since Thanksgiving, I studied a whole lot. More, in fact, than I have studied all semester.
2. Casey and I had intentions of making a Christmas tree skirt, but Hobby Lobby didn't have the materials that we wanted so that fell through. :(
3. I went with some girls in our class to a Shane and Shane (and Phil Wickham) Christmas concert. Their voices were AMAZING. And I got a free Christmas CD out of it. Win!
4. We celebrated Adam's birthday which was so much fun! He had to guess his gifts (and the location of our dinner) based on clues that I gave him.
5. I wrapped some Christmas presents, which of course implies that Adam and I did some shopping.
6. Casey, Katie and I threw rocks at a huge tree outside of our school with the intention of knocking down some mistletoe (Katie had never picked mistletoe before, but Casey and I -- being GA girls -- had done it plenty of times before, from our driveways in fact). Unfortunately we were unsuccessful at this BUT we happened to have noticed that there was mistletoe hanging very conveniently in a tree that stood right next to the walking bridge to get to cadaver lab. I HATE that I didn't take any pictures of us picking it because we did kinda have to risk our lives, but we were successful in our mission and now it's hanging in all of our apartments. :)
7. In one week, Kristen and I successfully planned a double bachelorette party for Katie and Heather that we had this past Friday night. It was SOOOO much fun, and a perfect way to end the semester! I'll have to get appropriate pictures from someone else ... all of the pictures that I have contain unmentionables. :)
8. I have a new nephew!!! I love him so much and I've never even met him. :( But he is so so beautiful and perfect and I want to squeeze him! Here are some pictures! I can't not post pictures!

His name is Huston-Liam.

These are my favorite nieces in the whole wide world, aka the big sisters. They have my heart! Sorry about the trademark across the picture.
This is Emma-Grace, and yes, she's one year cancer free! Praise God! PA school buddies -- she had a Wilms tumor.
This is Molly-Kate. She's a little horse-back rider. I love them so so so much!

This is my other nephew, Gavin. He's a brother from another mother. And by that I mean, he's my other brother's son. He's one tough kid. Do not mess with him!

I love all of my nieces and nephews so very much. They're the best!! And they're all so beautiful. :)

Anyway, that brings me up to right now! I guess that's about it. Future topics to expect: Katie's wedding!! A quick visit to Charleston! Going home! Christmas!!!

Laters!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment