White Wash

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Practice makes perfect.

It's been a few weeks since I posted last ... we've had three tests, two of which were in the most difficult classes of the semester. I definitely feel that I'm starting the semester out on the right foot. I just have to make sure I keep it that way! Highlights of the last two weeks:
1. We practiced phlebotomy on each other. I stuck two people and drew blood on the first stick both times! I also let four people practice on me. My veins like to hide so it was definitely a challenge for them.
2. We're learning how to tie suture knots, two handed and one handed. I've already got a few strings tied to our ottoman in the living room.
3. We're learning how to use our ophthalmoscopes and otoscopes. I taught Adam how to use the opthalmoscope and he was able to see my optic disc and arteries/veins! I was very proud.

Hmm ... I suppose those are the most exciting things pertaining to school. On another note, Bryan decided to come hang out with us this weekend! While I was studying yesterday, Adam and Bryan went to a motorcycle museum, which was apparently very interesting. When they got back, we got some delicious pizza to go from Giuseppe's then sat at home and drank and played with my instruments. I taught Bryan how to use the otoscope and ophthalmoscope, too! It was a fun night. :)


This morning we all went to Lowe's to buy two ceiling fans but we've run into some difficulties with hanging them. more on that next time ...

Two more tests next week, and then we're heading to Atlanta for a bridesmaid luncheon for Natalie!! Can't wait!

Oh! PS - here are pics of the new lamp from the last post.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment