White Wash

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lamp

I don't know about y'all, but I've had a fantastic weekend so far (and there's one more day!). My mom and mother-in-law came into town and I loved spending time with them. I wish they didn't have to go back home. :( We ate out a few times at delicious restaurants and we also cooked in for a few meals as well. By Sunday morning, we had so much food in the fridge that we didn't know what to do with! We'll be eating leftovers for days ... and that's perfectly fine with us!

So other than eating great food, we got some fun stuff done around the house. Adam was able to get his gymnastic rings hung in the garage (which adds at least two new elements to our workouts), Mom and Tammy cleaned the curtains for our patio and re-hung them, and all day Saturday we were on a mission to find a new lamp shade.

Ok, side story. A few days ago, Adam and I were having a conversation about adding a floor lamp to our living room just so we could have lighting in the evening without the harsh overhead light being on all the time. We both agreed that it would add a nice element to the room. Well, lo and behold, that same day Adam took the trash out like a wonderful, caring husband and you'd never believe what he came across standing outside the dumpster ...... a brown floor lamp! Well, and a mini trampoline, but we decided to leave that where it was. There was no lamp shade to go with it, but it was in great condition and had no apparent defects so we decided to bring it home. We threw in a bulb and plugged it in and voilà! It worked. :)

So, back to the original story. All day Saturday we were hunting for a new lamp shade. We bought a really cute one from Target, but it didn't fit the floor lamp because of something or another so we decided to put the new shade on an older lamp I already had in the spare bedroom. The shade on that lamp previously was very old according to Tammy (it was a hand-me-down lamp) so we decided to freshen it up a little. Mom and I then went to Hobby Lobby to look for another lamp shade (this time we knew what would and would not fit) and although we couldn't find the shade we needed to fit the floor lamp, we did buy an entire new lamp for my bedroom. Prior to having this new lamp, Adam and I only had one lamp in our bedroom and it was on my side. So Mom and I decided we could move that lamp to his side and put this beautiful new one on mine. :) And the best news is, the lamp was 50% off.  Thank you, weekly sales! So, at this point, I had a new lamp, a new lamp shade for the guest bedroom, and still no lamp shade for floor lamp in the living room, which was of course the whole reason this adventure started in the first place. As I've said before, if you give a mouse a cookie ....

Well, this morning after Mom and Tammy left, Adam and I rode over to Lowes to look for the special piece we needed to make a lamp shade fit the floor lamp. Not surprisingly, Lowes had just what we needed, and we also purchased a fun new lamp shade as well. It's a burgundy color with gold swirly accents and it has decorative beads hanging all around the bottom, which matches nothing in our yellow and brown, neutral colored living room. But I think that's what I love so much about it. Adam said that every living room needs an eclectic piece of furniture and that's what this is. Our eclectic piece of furniture. Isn't it fun when adventures have satisfying endings?

Anyway, Mom and Tammy have made it back home safely, and I spent my day studying. All in all, a great weekend, like I said before.

Oh! And tomorrow I'm going over to the hospital to do my first history and physical exam on a REAL patient! I'm not doing an entire physical, but I'm still ridiculously excited. :)

Until next week!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment