White Wash

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Friends!

My second semester of PA school is coming to an end. Soooo hard to believe. I remember years ago when I would think to the future about being in PA school some day ... and here I am, almost 1/2 way finished with the didactic phase. I guess all you have to do it hang on the best you can, learn as much as you can, and hope for the best.

Anyway, Jenn came to visit last weekend!! It was a surprise, spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, but it was so fantastic to see her. :) And I got to meet a special friend of hers as well. :) :) This is pretty much how she looked all weekend ...
... the girl was all smiles. And I love seeing her that way. We did our usual pedicure/shopping/spending too much money thing. She's such a trouble maker! And I love her for it.

Anyway, this past week we finished up our pig lab, which is actually very sad. As stressful as it could be at times, I really loved removing gallbladders and kidneys. And wouldn't you know, during our final surgery (which was for a grade), my surgical team had a hydronephrotic kidney (read: abnormally ginormous/fragile kidney) that we had to remove, and the professors didn't know about it until we were actually inside the pig! Gotta love surprises like that, but it wasn't actually that complicated  and we did successfully remove the kidney. :)

This past weekend we went home for the Twilight races! I think I took advantage of Athens in my earlier years growing up around there. Big events like Twilight and Athfest really are so much fun! And we got to see TONS of friends and spend a few nights with them. I got to see Carly for a night, which I was SO glad about, because she's graduating from vet school in ONE WEEK!! And I won't be able to come home for it. :( Adam and I also got to see Stewart and Valerie, and it was so fun catching up on the latest gossip from Valerie on where I used to work. :)

I was glad to spend time with my family on Saturday, and then that evening we went back out to Twilight to see more friends ... Bryan and PREGNANT Whitney :), Rickie, Kyle, Kayla. It was fun chatting the night away with all of them. I'm so excited for all of us. We've all got big things happening in our lives and we're all growing up!

Anyway, I suppose that's all for now. I've got super fun and exciting things to post about over the next few weeks so be on the look out!

Adieu!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment