White Wash

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekend Activities

HUGE NEWS! Lindsay Hale asked me to be her matron of honor! I'm so thrilled!! Yesterday morning she told me that she wanted to cook dinner for Adam and me so she made some delicious lasagna and came over to watch a movie with us. Before it started, she handed me a very sweet letter, and on the back she had written "Will you be my matron of honor?" !!! I'm totally looking forward to all the planning involved on my part. I just can't stand it! I'm so excited!

Hard to believe it, but I've finished my second rotation. Seven more to go! Five more end-of-rotation exams (because I have two electives where I don't have to take an exam). And I have less than 9 months left until school of OVER! Ba-da-ba-ba-baaa I'm lovin' it!
Even though I'm sooooo close to the finish line, I'm tired. Like on empty. Not from a lack of sleep, but from going and going and going and studying all. the. time. Never before has the "Q" word been an option for me, but for the first time ever in the past twenty months, I've considered quitting school and moving to the keys to live a care-free, bum life with Adam as a boat tour guide or something of the like. It'll be warm all year, I'll have a nice tan .... sounds pretty sweet, huh? ... Don't worry, Moms, I'm not quitting. Otherwise all this misery would be in vain, and I'd have stupid amounts of loans with no way of paying them back. So what I think I'll do is stay in school, graduate, get an awesome job in Charleston making ridiculous money, and I'll still be living at the beach. :)

A few Fridays ago, we went out to dinner for Mallory's birthday and had a fabulous time. KPS made a DELICIOUS strawberry shortcake (Pioneer Woman's recipe), no surprise there. I like to bake some but she takes it to a whole new level. We've decided to lovingly dub her 'The domesticator.'

Last weekend I worked a gala with Katie Stone to help raise money for their mission trip. It was so fun dressing up and seeing everyone that attended even more dressed up! And it was also super entertaining to watch everyone get tipsier and tipsier as the night went on. :) Katie and Mallory are editing photos, so I don't have any to share yet, but I'll post them as soon as I get them.

This past Friday we went out for yogurt to celebrate finishing our second rotation. I had gotten a cookie cake from the ladies at my OBGYN office so we ate that as well. Yuuum!

Yesterday Adam went to the golfing range with Chris (Katie's husband), and then we went to Lowe's and Walmart to gather materials for a little herb/vegetable garden. Here are the final products:
Tomato plants in the back left, basil on the right, and rosemary in the front. Adam also wants a jalapeño plant as well.

This morning we went out to one of the villages in Mountain Brook for brunch and then came back to the apartment to get ready for next week. Emergency medicine starts Monday! I'm excited to see how it goes. I've spent time in the ER before, but not to the level of involvement that I know I'll be here. Anyway, after one week in the ER, my spring break starts! We're heading to Ga (for the first time in two months) for Adam's high school reunion the first weekend, and then on Wednesday we're headed to Charleston for a vacation with David, Natalie, and their pup, Sadie! Natalie found us an a-m-a-z-i-n-g house right on the beach so it's going to be absolutely perfect -- a wonderful and relaxing break from reality. Looking forward to a great few weeks!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment