White Wash

Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring break!

Can't believe it's already come and gone!

Sooo, I've started my ER rotation. I had a lot of fun my first week and I start my second week tonight. I feel like I really lucked out being placed at this hospital for this rotation because they've given me a pretty sweet schedule. This week starts my night shift week. The variety of shifts (evenings, nights, and weekends) that we're required to do will keep things interesting, despite the fact that they may also be tiring. I'll report back on it all later.

So spring break! As always, it went by way too quickly. We started the first weekend of break in Georgia, for Adam's high school reunion. The reunion was held in a large pasture behind one of his classmate's houses and it was quite an interesting experience to say the least. :) For real though, it was fun seeing everyone I went to high school with, though many of them didn't remember me because their senior year I was only a wee little freshman.

Earlier in the day on Saturday, I met Lindsay in Athens and we went dress shopping! Of course I can't post any photos of her trying on dresses, but I can share this. :) 


It was such fun! And I was so proud of her for being opinionated enough to actually say no to some of the dresses. (For those of you who don't know Lindsay very well, she can't make a decision to save her life. Love you, Linds!) :)

Adam worked from home Monday through Wednesday, and then Wednesday evening we drove to South Carolina to meet David and Natalie. Adam and I stayed at their place Wednesday night, then Thursday morning we all drove to Charleston together and unpacked in our beach house. David and Nat were both so good about taking photos, but I only took a few. I FULLY expect them to post photos and share them on facebook so that I can share them here. :)
 View from our beach house. Natalie did a perfect job picking it out!

Ok so this plant is HUGE. Here's proof:


 It's a century plant, aka American aloe, aka agave plant.

This is the view from a little seafood shop where we picked up dinner one night. It's where the plant is as well.

 Lucy and Sadie cuddling one night :)

 The famous pineapple fountain

So then comes the beach photos...

Pretty Marley and all the crazy beach foam -- she's so much better at smiling for photos than Lucy. I ended up with more pictures of Lucy because she just didn't want to sit still!

Lucy kept getting foam all over her face. She did a great job of staying near us on the beach so we didn't even put her on a leash. She's loving the ocean more and more! I think they'll both be great Charleston dogs. :)

Candid group photos. These were literally taken seconds apart. Hilarious!
I just love this one!

Adam and his dog. :) Again, very candid, but I think the water is so pretty in this photo.



That concludes the photos I have from the trip. I promise to share the others soon! But one more quick thing... In one of my past posts, I mentioned that I worked a gala with Katie to raise money for their mission trip. I'll leave you with the photos from that event. Enjoy!



 It was really cold, and we couldn't keep from shaking while taking photos of each other! Thus, some of the photos came out blurry. Oh well. But we had a great time!
Some nice medical student boys took this photo for us.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment