White Wash

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Five down, two to go!

So, I finished my first semester of clinicals, which means I'm officially 1/3 of the way through clinical year!! I honestly don't even know what to say or think about that other than I'm so happy that it's going by quickly and I've already learned a TON. I've been very, very lucky to have fantastic preceptors and clinical sites so far and I'm very thankful. I loved the emergency department. Always something different and new, always a surprise, always something to learn from, and always something exciting. I will definitely seek employment in the ED in Charleston. So Wednesday night was my last shift there, and some of the night shift nurses celebrated with me with breakfast and mimosas. It was very sweet of them to come out with me. :) And of course, at the end of each semester comes the traditional photo shoot with my favorite PA girls.
Normal.
Yay! Another semester down!
How we really feel...ugh. SO ready to be finished!
This is one of our newer adoptions. It's our semester check off and count down. Five down, two to go! I guess after one more semester, we won't be able to do this pose anymore (cause nobody has six fingers on one hand...)
:)
All the girls. :) Katie and Casey are about to load up and head to Montana for their forth rotation! Can't wait to see their pictures!!

Anyway, after my end of rotation exam on Friday, Adam and I headed to Georgia. I dropped him off in Atlanta to hang out with one of his friends, and the dogs and I finished the trip to Mom and Dad's. Saturday Mom and I did our usual thing when we're together -- Saturday morning shopping trip! I ended up with some really sweet Yellow Box flip flops that I'm super exited about! Saturday afternoon I went to Lindsay's parents' house for a fun bridesmaids get together. I loved getting to meet her friends! It's always a fun time at the Hale House.
Lindsay and all her girls.
The bride to be and MOH! :):):)
------
I've really been thinking about Graduation a lot lately and I'm getting SO excited. It's coming quickly. I know it's only April (almost May), but if I break it down (which I'll do for you in just a second), if feels like it's fast approaching. 222 days. That's 32 weeks. A little more than seven months. That's nothing. I can do 222 days of anything. Ok, so that's not exactly true. But I can do 222 days of clinicals. Easily done.

Summer Semester:
Dermatology: I get to wear scrubs (!) -- elective rotation, so no end of rotation exam (EOR exam), which means I get a small little study break!
General Surgery: scrubs -- core rotation, so I will take an EOR exam
Psych: core rotation, EOR exam

Fall Semester:
Outpatient: core rotation, EOR exam
Trauma/Burn Unit: scrubs -- elective rotation, no EOR exam
Peds: scrubs -- core, EOR exam

Graduation: December 5th!!!!

So, this means I have four more big exams left (five including my boards) before I get to start living a life on the beach, free from tests and papers. G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S. It'll be over before I know it. I was talking with our program director recently and he told me that graduation is a super fun event, equipped with a full bar and everything! Sounds like a good time for sure. We'll be going out with a bang!

This week I'll be hanging around the apartment, cleaning, laying out and working out cause we're on break! And I'm most definitely going to live that up. Y'all all have a great week. I'll think about y'all when I'm soaking up the sun down by the pool. :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment