White Wash

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Break

Just like that, I find myself two days away from starting my second semester of PA school. I'm so ready to OWN this semester. Things are going to be very different. I won't be the little weak newbie that I was last time. Nope. I'm ready. Plenty have gone before me and survived, there will be more after me, the important thing to keep in mind is that I need to keep on going.

So, I have TONS of recapping to do so without further ado ...

The first week of break, I cleaned our apartment like a crazy person. I had seriously neglected our home during finals. I literally don't think there was a single exciting thing that I did. No wait! I did have lunch with Mallory and Grayson. :) It was fun hanging out with them before they took off for Christmas break.

When Friday finally got here, Adam and I packed up the dogs and drove to GA. It was so nice being home, but we were only there for a quick second. Saturday morning we went to Columbia, SC for Chris and Katie's wedding. It was so much fun! Here's a picture of Casey, Katie and me in our signature pose. :)

After we left the wedding, Adam and I drove to Charleston for a few nights. Thankfully, some of Katie's amazing friends let us stay in their house in Charleston while they went home for Christmas. More on that in a minute. So, Adam and I have tossed around the idea of moving there after I graduate, but neither of us have ever been so we wanted to go exploring. After having been, it's safe to say we LOVED it. It wasn't really what I was expecting. I thought Charleston would be more like Savannah, GA ... after all they are sister cities. But in my opinion Savannah is more sophisticated, southern money, aristocratic. Charleston seemed a little more fun loving, laid back ... kinda like Key West meets marsh land. 

While we were there, we drove around a whole bunch just to visit the different islands of Charleston and to sight-see. We really liked Mt. Pleasant, but apparently according to Chris (Katie's new husband -- they both lived there. In fact, that's where they met!) James Island and Johns Island are cooler. I guess this means Adam and I have to go back sometime to explore some more. Dang. We ate at some fantastic restaurants, and I would especially like to give a shout out to Fleet Landing. It's a neat little hole in the wall kind of place right on the water. It's in downtown Charleston. I've never had shrimp and grits that delicious in my life - and I LOVE shrimp and grits. And the view was beautiful. We sat outside with heat lamps and blaring Christmas music and actually saw a dolphin swimming right outside the restaurant (which is apparently normal there). It was absolutely perfect. 

So this house we stayed in - it was on James Island in a super cute neighborhood. Two of Katie's friends live there, Jordan and Molly. Jordan just recently graduated from MUSC and is now working as a PA! Unfortunately I didn't catch what Molly does. :/ Anyway, if you will remember in my previous post I mentioned that I saw a sign, and that's where the "She" poem/book came from. Well here's the explanation for that ... so, hanging in one of the bathrooms of their house is this painting.


I hope Jordan's sister doesn't mind that I just posted her art on the internet. :) Anyway, when I saw this hanging in their bathroom, I realized that all of my hardships from this past semester were in my head. I can do this and I will make this happen. It's as simple as that. So I went to look up this quote and I found that it was from the book/poem that I blogged about before. I thought the whole thing was inspirational, so I hope you enjoyed it. :)

After we left Charleston, we went home for Christmas and I got to meet up with some friends back home. It was great seeing Carly and Jenn and Kelsey and Ashley! I've missed all of those girls. And then Friday night and Saturday we hung out with our big group of friends. I know everyone had a great time that night ... let's just say memories were definitely made ... for some of us. ;)

Unfortunately Sunday we had to drive back to Birmingham because Adam had to work on Monday, but he had Tuesday off! And lo and behold, Rob and Jenny happened to be in town! So we celebrated New Year's with them here at our apartment. And on Thursday I hung out with Katie all day and we took back some wedding gifts and bought some other stuff. It was fun helping her spend hundreds of dollars. :)

So this pretty much brings me up to here. My brother is coming to stay with us for the next few days (his army reserve unit is stationed near here), which will be fun! And I guess that's pretty much it. I know there's a lot of boringness in here, but I didn't want to make anyone feel left out! :)

Ugh, I just realized the next time I blog, I will have completed the first week of this semester. But that's ok. Bring it on.

Later friends!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment