White Wash

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rio Lindo

Just as I mentioned in my last post, we packed up the car again, loaded up the dogs again, and went to Florida. Again. For the third weekend in a row. But we had such a great time! This time we went to my uncle's ranch (Rio Lindo) in Old Town, Florida. My family was trying to remember the last time we had all been down there. None of us could remember exactly, but I know it was more than 10 years ago. Maybe 15 years ago? Maybe even more.

I was really worried about going down and being disappointed in how I had actually remembered the ranch. I'm sure you all understand, when you visit some place as a child but then go back and see it as an adult, there's a pretty good chance it won't be as big as you remembered or maybe as extravagant. Well, I'm very pleased to report that I was not disappointed at all! The ranch was just as I remembered and I was so SO happy to be back.

We rode around the land on four wheelers and trucks admiring the beauty and looking for deer, hogs, and armadillos (we shot the armadillos :), cooked some good food, and sat around on the patios to catch up with the family. My uncle who owns the ranch is a retired neurosurgeon, so of course I loved having a few conversations with him about school. He says that if he were still practicing, he'd hire me in a heartbeat, :D which of course would mean that Adam and I would have to move to St. Pete, and Adam said he could definitely handle that. :)

Anyway, here are a few pictures of his land, but of course they don't do it justice. So peaceful. So beautiful.







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment