White Wash

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And so it begins...

I very specifically remember the now third year PA students telling me that this semester wasn't supposed to be that bad.... Yeeeaaaahhh, I'm really not sure what they were talking about with it not being "that bad." But I suppose I've made it through three others so far, so what's one more, right?

Anyway, let's talk about my Labor Day weekend! I'll just fast forward through Saturday very quickly. We had a few friends come in from out of town, and we had a few other in-town friends come over to watch the UGA vs. Clemson game with us. Unfortunately we (UGA) lost, so we'll just continue on so as to not dwell in the sadness.
On Sunday, we rented a boat on a small lake south of Birmingham. Katie and Chris joined us after church. I'm gonna have to be honest, it was most definitely a P.O.S. boat ... but I LOVED it. The scenery was beautiful -- there was no development on the lake other than the property for the boat rentals. And there were very few other boats on the lake. Here are a few pics.


 Sooo, there was this rope swing. :) Poor Katie has a pretty awful past horror story about a rope swing. She at first decided she was gonna do this one, but I think after she got up there she started having flash backs and decided against it. After hearing her story, I would have too. Lucky for me, she didn't tell the story until after I had gone three times. :)
Chris and I were the only two to actually do it! And it was my first time ever! But I wouldn't do it without wearing some kind of water shoe, so I slipped on Bryan's way-too-big-for-me keens, tightened them as much as I could and then just went for it! This video was my third time doing it.

To answer Katie's question, yes, I hit bottom every time. That water wasn't very deep, maaaaybe 5' (and that's being generous), but it wasn't unsafe by any means. It was so fun!! I'm super glad I did it. It was the perfect cherry on top for our boat ride around the lake. 

As country-bumpkin as the boat was, it was most definitely my favorite part of the weekend. I will absolutely be going back to that lake again!

On Monday, Adam and I spent the day recovering/cleaning/relaxing and studying. It wasn't very exciting, but it was just what we needed. 

And then Tuesday was my birthday!! Happy birthday to me! :) I had over a hundred texts, private messages, wall posts and phone calls! You people must really love me. :) :) It's funny how being in PA school changes birthday celebrations. PA school was mean to me on my birthday. See, we have simulation lab on Tuesdays, and I was selected (not even because it's my birthday ... it must have been because I'm just lucky) to be in a group of four students to treat a fake robot patient who presented to the ER with right sided paralysis. My group and I thought we did well until we found out that apparently we took too long to order a CT. Ugh. But that's how it is for everyone. You get into this room knowing you're on camera and all of your classmates and professors are watching you, and you do your best not to freeze!
But anyway, my sweet PA school friends baked me a cake, which definitely made my day better. :) 

That of course brings me up to now! We actually finished up a class today and have a final for it a week from tomorrow. I kinda love knocking stuff out within the first three weeks of the semester. Feels good checking things off my to-do list. Anyway, we start writing our thesis this semester, and the tests start pretty heavy next week so without further ado, I'm gonna go study!

G'nite!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment