White Wash

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Stress, stress, stress...

Warning -- Negative Nancy here -- Really, I'm not even sure anyone should read this conglomeration of random rants, but I really just felt like getting it off my chest.

Ugh. Guys, I'm so tired of school. I'm tired of studying all the time, and constantly being stressed out about studying enough and balancing classes and life. Thankfully we have a break in tests this week, but of course in turn, we have the biggest part of our thesis due this week as well. ::Sigh:: It's never ending.

I'm also tired of apartment life. Somehow, at 27, I've managed to never live in an apartment before now so this place has special meaning to me, but the management staff (who has recently changed) absolutely sucks. Adam and I went home last weekend and forgot to pay rent (for the first time ever!) and there's a $50 late fee. They wouldn't wave it for us even though they've lost our rent checks twice before. Does that seem fair? The "maintenance" staff is just as crappy. Actually, they're a straight up joke. Other than changing light bulbs and unclogging shower drains, they're no good at anything. And I can say that because the last few major complaints we've had that they've "fixed" go right back to being broken the very next week. Charter sucks here too! I actually think Charter sucks anywhere, but that's forced upon us here. Yesterday morning I woke up to yet another cigarette butt on our patio furniture. It's stuff like that that I'm sick of too. Adam went up and taped it on their door knob. I've already complained to the management about them, left them a note, bought them a cigarette tray, and confronted them. I honestly have no idea what else to do.

And lastly, I'm about done with Birmingham. It's sad, really, because I think this city has a lot of potential, especially if Adam and I were living in a different part of town. Everyone I've spoken with that's lived here in the past for school has loved it. I think I'm projecting all my stress and apartment frustration upon Birmingham, which may not be fair, but it's reality. And what bothers me the most is that we've got another year here. :(

Ok. I think it's time to move on past all that. In much more exciting news, Lindsay and Jon are engaged!!! I am so happy for them both! Unfortunately for her, she's headed back to Birmingham this afternoon, but it's exciting for me because I haven't seen her or her ring yet! Here are a few pictures...
I can't wait to hear the story of how it all happened! I've already texted her letting her know that there's wine waiting for her when she gets back. :)

In other exciting news, Adam and I went home last weekend for a Neila and Michael's beautiful wedding at the chapel at Athens First United Methodist! The reception was at the Hardeman-Sam House on Milledge. OMGosh, Neila was SUCH a stunning bride. And her decor style was so pinterest-y and amazing! We had a great time! Here are a few photos taken by the photographer.

And in yet still more exciting news ... Bryan and Whitney are due ANY DAY NOW to have their baby! Girl or boy, what will it be?! Adam and I are on our toes ... so anxious and excited! Here's yet another example of how school is totally cramping my social life. It's likely she'll have the baby this week sometime, and although it'd be close to impossible for us to get home on a week day, I can't even go home this coming weekend because I have three tests the next week. Phewy! Bad, grad school, bad! Shame on you for getting in my way like that.

61 days until the semester is over.
426 days until graduation = I'm done with school forever = Katie gets her life back (after the certifying exam) = Adam gets his wife back!
#soclose ... :/
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment