White Wash

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 6

I'd like to start this one off by saying that my 30 days of thanks posts are not ranked in any way. I write them based off some sort of inspiration each day.

So last night, my cousin Kevin called me. During our conversation (not knowing that I am participating in the 30 days of thanks "challenge") he informed me that he is not participating. His reasoning was that he is thankful every day of every month, not just during the month of November, which happens to hold the holiday where we all give thanks.

He's absolutely right. It's very important for us to be thankful each and every day for our blessings. One thing I am very proud to share, despite my downfalls as a christian, is that I give thanks to Jesus Christ every time I pray. It's not hard for me to be thankful. Every morning and afternoon when I walk the dogs, I have a beautiful scene to view here in Birmingham. From the back of our apartment building and also from our patio out front, we have a perfect view of a ridge that's currently full of colorful fall trees. They remind me every day of God's powerful creations. It sparks a series of other thoughts of all that's good in my life and all I have to be thankful for. I'm so thankful for my health, my husband, our family, our dogs, our friends, our apartment, our cars ... and most importantly, I'm extremely thankful for my ever deepening relationship with my lord and savior. Which brings me to day 6. Today, and everyday, I'm thankful for Him.

"Do not be anxious, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 4:6-7
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment