White Wash

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 9

Today, I'm thankful for my health. I think this is something so many of us take for granted. Yesterday I met a man named Bob Lujano (no HIPAA violation here -- he came to speak to our class) who lost all four of his limbs due to meningococcemia (meningitis in his blood) when he was nine years old. Despite everything he's been through, he still thanks God for life, for purpose, and for his ability to help others. He's also a badass murderball player (wheelchair rugby) for team USA!

Bob definitely demonstrates that even with a disability, life does go on. He is fully functioning completely on his own. But his ability to care for himself didn't come without difficulties and lots of adjustments. No doubt, if something like this happened to me it would be exceptionally difficult, especially now. I have no idea how I would cope, and my life would be forever changed in so many ways. Just thinking about it makes me appreciate my ability to walk with my own two feet so much more! And as I said before, it makes me so very thankful for my health.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment