White Wash

Friday, August 10, 2012

Picture frame mirror and other randomness

This project was actually not from pinterest! Although I'm sure this isn't an original idea by any means. And it's really not that spectacular of a project, but anyway ...

My mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law are known to bring home fun little knick-knacks /projects for us to work on. One of the last things my MIL brought home before we moved to the Ham was an old picture frame. At first, I didn't really think there was anything I could do with it. See, it wasn't even actually a traditionally sized picture frame that I could reuse with a family photo or something. It was actually a frame for some embroidered piece of cloth that had the names and pictures of several types of apples. I wish I had saved it so I could have posted a picture...oh well. But after thinking about it, (and Tammy may have actually suggested it, I can't remember) I decided to turn this into a mirror! So I once again called for my all-talented father and he ordered me a piece of mirror to fit. I'm not 100% certain where in our apartment this is going, but it will find a home! Here's a picture!

On to other randomness ...

Adam, the girls, and I are going home this weekend for a friend's wedding and I'm stoked! I haven't been home in about a month. I think this is the longest I've been away ... strange. I'm very ready!

While I'm home, Mom and I are gonna go shopping for clothes for PA school and once again, I'm VERY excited! New York & Co. has FANTASTIC sales this week and it's tax free weekend! Girls, you better go get some! The more we can save, the more we can spend. >:) Adam would kill me for saying that.

I actually went "pre-shopping" yesterday with my friend Casey, which is how I found out about all the awesome sales. (Funny story about her ... we went to high school together, and now we'll be in PA school together! Small world.) Anyway, one of the main reasons I needed to go shopping was pick up some new foundation at Sephora. I bought a whole bunch of Smashbox makeup for the wedding, and I don't wear foundation everyday, so I actually just ran out of it recently. As it turns out, Smashbox doesn't make my specific cream-to-powder foundation anymore. I did, however, find out that Urban Decay (what a dreadful name, BTW) carries a VERY similar product, so I was able to purchase that instead. WIN!
While we were at Sephora, Casey and I were briefed on a skin cleaning system called Clarisonic Mia. Casey had heard of it before but I hadn't. AND NOW I WANT ONE! After learning about it, I realized my friend Natalie had described a very similar product that she uses and it as it turns out, she actually uses this same one. I'm very interested in trying it for myself, so I'm adding it to my Christmas list. :) Here is a picture.


So, to give another update on my hummingbirds ... there are definitely two of them now! It was hard to tell in the beginning, but I'm pretty certain I was seeing the same bird over and over. Now there are two because I see them chasing each other around. This means I need TWO feeders! :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment