White Wash

Monday, September 10, 2012

Not to jinx myself, but I think I'm getting the hang of things ....

Alright! So, I'm officially three tests into PA school, and I feel ok so far! I think I'm beginning to see a correlation ... lots of studying and hard work = decent/good grades. I guess they're right when they say your hard work pays off. There is DEFINITELY no luck involved here ...

So, I've started my fifth week of PA school! Part of me wants to say, "SHUT UP. That's unreal!" and another part of me wants to say, "Five weeks, really, that's all?! Feels like five freaking years!!" ::Sigh:: But I guess it's good because I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of things ... kinda ... a little. Before school started, I heard multiple times that I would feel like I was drinking from a fire hose but eventually I would get the hang of things. I've definitely already had breakdowns, and good days .... and many bad days, but taking these few tests has helped me to see that I might just be ok if I work hard enough. I was petrified in the beginning because if we fail anything we have a remediation policy that says we must retake that test that we failed, and we're not allowed to let our GPA drop below a 3.0 or we go on academic probation. So I've been very, very worried. But again, I've seen that lots of studying and hard work = decent/good grades. And that's more than enough for me.

To reward myself for my success thus far, I've decided to take the night off ... and have a few glasses of wine. I am SO tired.

But that's enough about PA school .....

So, this weekend we had lots of friends visit us! It was so nice seeing everyone and spending the weekend with them. I especially enjoyed talking with our friend, Whitney. She's an RN in Atlanta working in a mother/baby unit (did I get that right, Whit?). It was so fun talking with her because I actually knew some of the things she was talking about! Of course, I was asking her about specific things I had already learned, so no doubt there's PLENTY more that she knows that I haven't learned about yet. Maybe in 26 months I'll know what you know, Whitney. :)

I have been thinking about how much I've learned in the last four weeks. It's so exciting! (Ok, back to PA schol I guess ...) It's pretty unbelievable, too. I mean ... I couldn't diagnose anybody or anything like that, but it's still fun to think about everything I've been learning.

Anyway, not too much new this week. I have a presentation in anatomy tomorrow and then a test this Friday. I'll update on that later. That's all for now! G'nite, folks.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment