White Wash

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Arts and crafts and a new cookie recipe ...

Tuesday night I got a last minute invite for a "paint and wine night" at my "big's" house. I decided to head over there and I'm so glad I did! I had a lot of fun ... and here's what I ended up painting:

The color scheme doesn't exactly fit very well with the rest of the stuff in our apartment, I know, but Adam was complaining the other day about the lack of color in our place so I decided to do something about it! :)

On another note, I made a new cookie recipe ... and you guessed it! It's from pinterest. It's so different from any cookie I've ever made before (of course I'm no cookie connoisseur or anything). They're white chocolate, lemon, blueberry cookies and they are SO good and SO SO soft. If my parents are lucky, there will still be some around when they make it down this weekend. >:) Here's the recipe! It's from a blog by Miss Karli Brae.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3 1/4 cups cake flour
  • 1 1/2 cups blueberries
  • Zest of one lemon
  • Juice of one lemon
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat after each addition. If using any extracts, add and beat to incorporate. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter. Carefully fold in any mix-ins. Allow dough to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to overnight. Use a small scoop (about 1 tbsp size) and place rounded balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake for 11-14 minutes at 350, until the bottoms are slightly golden brown (the edges should not brown). 

*Note, when the batter is finished, it looks and feels like it's going to be a crunchy cookie, but it's not. They are so soft!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment