White Wash

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week Two in Birmingham!

This week I've been cleaning the apartment, reorganizing a few things (although Adam has done a great job keeping the apartment clean, it definitely needed a woman's touch) and getting ready for my parents to come visit! I'll post about that later. What I should be doing is studying for my medical terminology test that I'll be having as soon as school starts ... in just a few short weeks. Yikes.


This past weekend Adam and I really wanted to get the pups out of the house so we decided to take them on a walk through one of the MANY parks in Birmingham. We ended up first at Vulcan Park on the trail. 
We talked with some bicyclists and found out that there was actually nothing at the end of the trail, and it was SO hot ... even the girls were dragging behind by the time we decided to leave ... so we decided to find a different park in Highland where we could just sit on a blanket under some big trees. This is the part of town Adam and I originally wanted to live in. It's SO cute. Definitely a city feel, but there are parks everywhere, and it's really close to so many things. It's a really fun area. So after we parked and started walking, we heard live music coming from Rushton Park, which just happened to have been where were were headed anyway. As it turns out, multiple DJs were coming together to play at the park and just provide fun music for everyone that wanted to attend. 
We sat and listened to that for a while, and then walked across the street to Rojo for an early dinner. We sat outside on the patio with the dogs. Lucy got many compliments. :)
~~~
Another project that I've been working on is a wedding website book. Adam and I purchased the website adamandkatieswedding.com for the year leading up to the wedding (which is where I blogged about the trials and tribulations of wedding planning!) but it has since expired and now another couple (another Adam and Katie) have purchased the domain name. However, I would HATE to lose the super cute and fun stories Adam and I wrote on there, so I decided to make a book of all the stories so I could have and keep them forever! If you'd like to see the book so far, click on the link below. You'll need to create a Mixbook account, but believe me, it's worth it! That website is so much fun.


http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/nature/spring-7698937 


I've added all of the stories we wrote, but I'm half contemplating adding all of the blog entries that we wrote as well. I'll have to see about that .... 


I just found out that there's actually a website that does this for you, but that isn't an option for me since we don't own the domain name anymore. Nonetheless, here's that site for all you bloggers who would like to print your own blog. Pretty neat!


http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/cutestblog/index.html


That's all for now!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment